ARTIST STATEMENT Revised: 2nd draft


When I work with collage I am reminded that art is an opportunity to explore and experiment. I begin a piece by gathering whatever spare materials I have, such as trash, scrap paper, cardboard, etc. and strategically collaging them onto a canvas until I develop an interesting composition. I know a piece is finished when I reach the end of my collage-making process, which involves the following steps: collage, texturize, paint, draw, write script, then refine with charcoal for contrast. My work consists of layering different medias over one another and making them work together as a whole. When my work is going well, I am filled with a sense of fulfillment. I view collage as an opportunity to employ my creative ingenuity. When people see my work, I'd like them to be intrigued by the depth I achieved in the materials I built up onto the canvas, enlightened by the content of the message I script onto the piece, and inspired by the unexpected materials I was able to incorporate into my art. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Popular Posts

Blogroll

About

Blogger templates