My Digital Aspirations

Artwork that combines ethereal elements to reality or is clever with composition is art that I find attractive and easier to communicate through due to its bolder use of imagery. In our society today, if art is going to talk then it better speak loud and clear. In my few humble years as an artist I have observed a few things from the Masters like Michelangelo, Picasso, Pollock, & such that in order for my art to influence society, my society has to also influence my art. Being intimately familiar with the type of society I live in matters because its the demographic I am communicating to & if I am unfamiliar with how they receive information, then my art doesn't matter because I cant deliver it properly. & its all about delivery! In this fast paced world, if the art is not catching our attention or is too simple, then we make our content unaccessible. The images below are ones that bleed concept, not because they are so deep one could build a house with all the meaning that could be derived from them, but because they are simple- not simple-shallow, but rather simple-effective meaning they can 1). COMPETE with the pace of our society. They get the job done in catching the observers attention. Art needs to be able to interrupt its audience. 2). COMMUNICATE with the pace of our society. They get the job done in seeming to portray new information by being clever and creative but do not compromise clarity. Innovative art registers as innovative content, and society always wants something "new". & 3). CALL with the pace of our society. They get the job done in summoning the observer to action by pushing them to think, reflect, and respond to the artists' idea being portrayed in the artwork. 
I aspire to create pieces such as these because I desire to be able to compete, communicate, and call society through my artwork.

 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Popular Posts

Blogroll

About

Blogger templates